Phoenix AOSP Extended is an AOSP based rom which provides stock UI/UX with various customisations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box. We will constantly try to add more features and make it even better in future updates. A ROM by a user, for a user. #StayAOSP #ExtendYourDevice #BeExtended
Join us on Telegram: Phoenix AOSP Extended Telegram Group
Changelogs – XDA – GitHub (AEX) – GitHub (siankatabg) – FAQ
Whats under the hood?
- System & Kernel:
- Android 7.1.2_r24
- ROM features EAS enabled kernel based on RenderBroken’s source. Kernel has been designed to work with the ROM. Custom kernels are not recommended.
- ROM is odexed for better 1st boot time.
- ROM is unified for both OP3 and OP3T
- Correct firmware is flashed with the ROM, no need to flash firmwares anymore.
- Framework implemented pocket mode (PocketJudge). Credits to AOSPA.
- ROM uses OOS camera port Camera-O² by siankatabg
- Features include:
- aHDR mode.
- 1080p60 FPS recording.
- Timelapse, Slowmotion and Panorama working.
- RAW capture
- ROM also has Google camera with HAL switch on the fly, no need for camera HALs anymore.
- The ROM includes rootless Substratum Theme engine.
- Omni Dynamic headers & Omnijaws
- Custom battery & clock styles
- Custom PAEX Bootanimation/li>
- And much more…
Working and Recommended mods
- Boot into recovery and make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
- Flash ROM, gapps and your chosen root package
- Reboot and perform the initial setup
- After initial setup you can boot into recovery and install other mods you wish 🙂
- Have fun! 🙂